SEMICON China 2021, the world’s largest semiconductor conference and exhibition, opens tomorrow, gathering industry leaders and visionaries for insights into the latest developments and trends in the electronics industry. SEMICON China is a key enabler of collaboration and innovation across the entire electronics supply chain including chip design, manufacturing, assembly and test, equipment and materials. The event is March 17-19 at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre.
SEMICON China 2021 will combine an exhibition with a virtual platform for easy, convenient participation in the event’s programs from around the world. Sessions including the Grand Opening Keynotes and CSTIC will be broadcast live. Registration is open.
SEMICON China 2021 will feature nearly 1,100 exhibitors at more than 4,000 booths – a sprawling footprint reflecting the region’s rising prominence in the global semiconductor industry. Powered by new fab projects and capacity expansion, China’s capital equipment market grew to become the world’s largest for the first time last year, SEMI market data shows.
SEMICON China 2021 Highlights
- Grand Opening Keynotes – speeches will feature industry leaders as they discuss global business and technology developments and market trends.
- China Semiconductor Technology International Conference (CSTIC) – China’s largest international technology conference focused on the semiconductor industry, CSTIC will feature symposiums on the latest technology trends and innovations. The virtual conference will be held March 14-April 11.
- SIIP China: SEMI Innovation and Investment Forum – Key topics will include the economic environment, industry dynamics, trade friction, STAR Market opportunities, international cooperation, equipment materials procurement, semiconductor supply chain challenges, technology hot spots, new infrastructure and Internet of Things (IoT).
- Design Innovation Forum – The session will focus on advances in semiconductor design.
- Smart Manufacturing Forum – The event will focus on areas such as the semiconductor industry’s vision for smart manufacturing, key challenges, big data analytics and artificial intelligence (AI).
- Advanced Manufacturing Forum – This session will explore the latest developments, innovations and trends in advanced manufacturing.
- NEW: Advanced Material Forum – With advanced materials now a critical enabler and accelerator of electronics innovation, industry experts will discuss the latest developments.
- Advanced Packaging Forum – The program will address emerging advanced packaging technologies and the heterogeneous integration ecosystem and opportunities.
- Power & Compound Semiconductor International Forum 2021 – The two-day program will target topics including wide bandgap power electronics, optoelectronics, compound semiconductors in communications, and emerging power device technologies.
- Memory Strategic Forum – The program will address emerging memory technologies, storage, packaging and testing, PCRAM technology and its AI applications, and atomic layer deposition (ALD) technology applications.
Workforce Development Pavilion
As the microelectronics industry works to build its talent pipeline and China collaborates with industry and government partners to fill the talent gap, the Workforce Development Pavilion will connect hiring companies with prospective workers through features such as a job fair and mentoring program, job board and the SEMI Workforce CXO Talent Forum.
SEMI® connects more than 2,400 member companies and 1.3 million professionals worldwide to advance the technology and business of electronics design and manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, devices, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. Electronic System Design Alliance (ESD Alliance), FlexTech, the Fab Owners Alliance (FOA) and the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG) are SEMI Strategic Association Partners, defined communities within SEMI focused on specific technologies. Visit www.semi.org to learn more, contact one of our worldwide offices, and connect with SEMI on LinkedIn and Twitter.